 Off-Topic / Geek / 5107
Re: Multilingual webserver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:29:27 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:

Yes, you use an external script for the mapping...  But it is a fairly
simple perl script.  And the infinite loops are avoided by having the
actual URLs be off a separate tree - /lego/dat/model.dat could be
rewritten as /real-files/12351/58273/model.dat...  And just have the
rewrite rule not apply to /real-files.

But what would I then do if somebody made links to /real-files?

I would not recommend writing your own, though, if more security is the
goal.  Have you thought of stripping apache from all the modules you
don't need?  It can get very very lean!

But Apache is still written in C.  I have already written my own special-purpose
web-servers a few times, so it is not something I haven't tried before.  And I
trust my own code more than that of most C programmers.

Play well,

Jacob
--
City X'ers truck (building instructions):
               http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/CityXers/Ladvogn/