 CAD / 13501
Re: Massive LDraw file repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:15:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds wrote:
I'm interested in starting a LDraw file repository.  I want to start it by
asking everyone to email me their files with a description and keywords of each
file, so I can quickly catigorize it without having to open it.  Please include
any copyright or other contact info with the files you send.

I'll be hosting it as a download zip, similar to the main LDraw library.

Oh, and if you can include a thumbnail graphic (gif, jpg, or png) I can include
that too.

And I know that Brickself kind of does this already, but it can take a lot of
time to find stuff there, and I have always wanted a big "grab bag" sort of
thing to just get people able to jump right in.

I know I'm asking for a lot from the submitters, but I know there is no way I'm
going to do all of this work off the bat, except for a select few that already
have huge galleries.

In the future it would be cool to have a database backend where people can
submit this stuff, but that is a pipe dream and I'm not personally planning on
doing the work for it.