 Off-Topic / Geek / 5103
5102  |  5104
Subject:
Multilingual webserver (Was: Massive LDraw file repository)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Byggevejledninger/oversigt.text

Please don't take this in a bad way, but I would suggest renaming the file.
(Since the file contents are in English, I'm assuming that the filename is also
English, although I may be mistaken on that, since obviously the directory name
isn't English.)

I never (practically never, at least) use English file or directory names on my
web site.  In general all file and directory names are in Danish.  The site will
stay that way until I get around to finish implementing my multilingual
webserver.

In case anybody is curious about what I mean by a "multilingual webserver" the
basic idea is no only to serve pages in the preferred language of the reader,
but also to redirect them to URLs in their preferred language.  There is a few
more words about my ideas at
<http://edb.jacob-sparre.dk/webstedsgenerator/web-server.pdf>.  Unfortunately I
haven't had time to implement the ideas properly yet, so I'm still running a
plain Apache webserver.

Play well,

Jacob
--