 Off-Topic / Geek / 2584
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adrian Egli writes:

Yea, they made that same mistake with the 880 but to add insult to injury,
they only include a measly 8MB CF card(can't store a single TIFF)!   Oh
well, hiho, hiho, it's off to spend I go!

It's about comparative pricing: if any company included a 16mb card, their
camera would be $25 less profitable than the other guy's.

Plenty of reviews lament the 8mb card. Might as well sell the darn cards
separately (but that risks alienating the customer with "not included"
syndrome.)

I'm getting by with a new 16mb card (about 150 snapshots and 30 high-res photos)
and keep the 8mb just in case.