 Off-Topic / Geek / 2269
2268  |  2270
Subject:
Colons in URLs (was: Re: Growth)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 00:10:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Christopher Lindsey <lindsey@nospam.mallorn.com> wrote:
As Todd pointed out, the colon should be replaced with %3A, but that
doesn't excuse poor matching like this.  :)

Yah, I mentioned this a long time ago
<http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=7491> but no one cared. :)

The ':' character (unlike '~', which is merely unsafe) is labeled
"reserved". Like '/' or '?', it is only supposed to be used in certain ways.
So really, xmms is doing the right thing.

Okie dokie, I just fixed the page-generating scripts that were using ":" in
the URLs.  I switched the to commas "," .   (Colon ":" still works of course
for sdrawkcab compatibility.  :-)

--Todd