 Administrative / General / 8259
Re: Growth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:34:55 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
Matthew Miller wrote:
This is very interesting when compared with
<http://news.lugnet.com/news/raw.cgi?lugnet.general:8265>
This URL didn't work for me, I get an "unrecognized request" response.
If I use:

it's trying to open the url http://news.lugnet.com/news.raw.cgi?lugnet.general
on port 8265, probably.  isn't that part of the standard?

--
There's no system foolproof enough to defeat a sufficiently great fool.
-Edward Teller