 Administrative / General / 8263
Re: Growth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:58:27 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
<http://news.lugnet.com/news/raw.cgi?lugnet.general:8265>

This URL didn't work for me, I get an "unrecognized request" response.

Ah, figured it out, if I cut and paste it it works. The whole URL is
highlighted in the news article, so I think NS 3.0 has a bug in clicking
on the link from the news article. Clicking on the "view raw" link from
the HTML version works also so it's just a bug in the newsreader.

You mean that NS 3.0 on AIX/X11 thinks that the trailing > is part of the URL?
Wow, I thought only MSOE had that problem.  Well, that's good to know.

No, it's highlighting the right part. Hm, if I right click and select
"Copy this link location to clipboard" it gets the right thing. Hmm, if
I right click and select "Open this link" it puts the right URL into a
browser window, but still gets the error. When I hit enter, it pulls up
the right page. This is real bizzare, it looks like almost everywhere,
it understands the right thing as the link and it's just falling down
when it forms the HTML request.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com