 Administrative / General / 8253
Re: Growth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I get the general impression that the number of registered users / members
is growing day-by-day. However, I get no real feeling that there are more
(in terms of numbers) people posting here or that the total numbers of posts
is dramatically rising. Is there any data which demonstrates growth in these
tems?

I have looked in admin.statistics, but that really just gives a 'snapshot'.

Just curious.

Average Newsgroup Message Traffic

I am a little surprised. Posting traffic over the last 12 months is actually
slightly down - in terms of trend. This is almost all due to the Xmas rush
last year I expect.

Statistics are great things, if I extend the downward trend, I can predict
that LUGNET will be down to one post per month in mid-December 2007!

It be interesting to see if the number of users posting is increasing or
just staying steady too?

Scott A