 Off-Topic / Geek / 2254
Re: Growth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:15:12 GMT

Christopher Lindsey <lindsey@nospam.mallorn.com> wrote:
As Todd pointed out, the colon should be replaced with %3A, but that
doesn't excuse poor matching like this.  :)

Yah, I mentioned this a long time ago
<http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=7491> but no one cared. :)

The ':' character (unlike '~', which is merely unsafe) is labeled
"reserved". Like '/' or '?', it is only supposed to be used in certain ways.
So really, xmms is doing the right thing.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/