 Off-Topic / Geek / 1257
1256  |  1258
Subject:
Redhat 6.1 up and running, Vmware 2.0 installed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:01:42 GMT

Well, RH 6.1 is running, knows I have two celerons, etc, etc.  Vmware
2.0 is installed.  So far I have Win2k Pro installed, planning on
putting Win2k Server and both NT4 Workstation and Server on as well.
Need some more ram and it looks like I missed the bottom end of ram
prices, so I'll have to pay a little more for 512mb than I'd like.

One initial impression that isn't wearing off.  Netscape Communicator
for Linux SUCKS.  It sucks on Windows, but boy does it really suck on
Linux.  I sure hope MS puts out a version of IE for Linux soon,
otherwise I might have to buy Opera for Linux when it goes final, just
to get something less sucky than Communicator.

Waiting to download Star Office - site was down earlier today.  I
guess I could install WordPerfect, but I was never a WP fan anyway,
can't see using it on Linux just to run something with a bigger name.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html