 Off-Topic / Geek / 1246
Re: Switch from Gnome to KDE - Turbolinux 6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 04:20:47 GMT

Steven Vore <svore@mindspring.com> wrote:
Then I found, on Gnome's System menu if I recall correctly, an applet that
would switch window systems. Where before it only had Gnome and "Other" it
now had a third item - KDE.  I chose it, restarted the system and *poof*
I've been a KDE user ever since.

The package is called 'switchdesk'.

You can also change the system-wide default by doing this (as root):

  echo KDE > /etc/sysconfig/desktop

or

  echo GNOME > /etc/sysconfig/desktop