 Off-Topic / Geek / 1249
Re: Switch from Gnome to KDE - Turbolinux 6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 04:44:43 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
My buddies and I are looking to colocate a custom box we're going to
build at a local ISP.  Mainly playing with Linux distros right now to
figure out which one we want to go with.

I really like Red Hat, largely because they're extremely good about putting
out quick security fixes. (Debian is really good at this too.) And they're
generally a well put-together, solid system. I'm running Mandrake on my
desktop right now, but it's acting fairly screwy and I think I may dump it.

Yeah, almost seems weird, though, running one Linux inside another.
Much more weird than running something by MS inside Linux, for some
weird reason...

Yeah, it's bizarre, I'll admit that. But it works really well -- I've been
doing it a lot recently as I work on the BU Linux project here. The
floppy-image feature of the new vmware betas is invaluable for testing boot
disks -- so much faster than it would be otherwise!