 Off-Topic / Fun / 8753
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:14:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:

Anyway, no herring under my tree this year-- only a ten pound chocolate bar
(well there was more, but I had no trouble eating the rest).  I feel like an
ape discovering a monolith-- what do you do with a ten pound chocolate bar?
Freeze it?  Throw sticks at it?

There is something about ten pounds of chocolate that calls for big drum
sounds and trumpets!

Yes!  I always thought something like this would be my dream gift, especially
after suffering through years of gifts featuring the feline motif (call me a
stick in the mud, but I don't wear clothes with pictures of cats on them).  Now
it seems chocolate is the gift of choice, and I do like it, but I think I've
figured out the problem-- there's no telling what will happen if you let me
loose with ten pounds of chocolate.  Will I eat myself into a state of
delirium?  Will I take a bite or two and be severely let down?  Will the whole
ten pounds show up on the bathroom scale?  The chocolate still sits on a
counter in the laundry room, only now there is a pile of clothes on top.

One would think I would get more LEGO, but no one seems to want to contribute
to the eccentricity of a grown woman who plays with construction toys.  I did
get 7001 Young Iguanodon from a non-Lego friend and (my favorite!) the belly
button torso'ed actress minifig from a Lego friend.

Hmm... and why does this thread seem oddly familiar?

This is the point where you hear the word "Brie", Maggie.

If there were an off-topic.food, you know who the main contributors would be!

Maggie