 Off-Topic / Fun / 8738
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Courtney writes:
Erik Olson writes:
Hey all!

I hope you have some herring in 2002!

I've got mine right here, with pumpernickel!

Happy New Year!

Never had it.  But upon hearing herring I got a sudden urge to cut down the
miiiiightiest tree in the forest.

Cut down a tree with a herring??  It can't be done!

Anyway, no herring under my tree this year-- only a ten pound chocolate bar
(well there was more, but I had no trouble eating the rest).  I feel like an
ape discovering a monolith-- what do you do with a ten pound chocolate bar?
Freeze it?  Throw sticks at it?

Hmm... and why does this thread seem oddly familiar?

Maggie