 Off-Topic / Fun / 10076
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:00:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:
Hmm... and why does this thread seem oddly familiar?

Herring heaven!

Where little fishies go when they are let out of school?

Grandma served "Ma Baensch Imported Herring Tidbits in Wine Sauce." Made in
Milwaukee from Atlantic herring, this is the best stuff I've tasted! I am one
happy fish eater this Christmas.

I am starting to believe you actually like the noxious stuff, this has been
going on too long for it to be a gag. Well, gag actually IS what I think of
when I think of herring, but I digress.

After last holiday's disaster with the spoiled, last jar of herring in
Milwaukee, I am pleasantly surprised to find this brand which *ought* to be
available! It's made here.

I bought a little jar in Kew Gardens, NY, which turned out to be Finnish, i.e.
Russian flavored, and really not to my taste. However, after thinking about it
for a few days, I ate it, red onions and spices and all. Not too bad.

So you ended up russian to finnish?

Next year, I hope to make a good herring pizza. Mmm!

Not sure that good, herring and pizza belong in the same sentence together.

http://www.mabaensch.com - exciting herring recipes & more

Please forgive me if I choose not to put this particular link in the
off-topic.fun front page... (yes, I'm the curator of it now and I solicit
your suggestions as to what to put there)...

++Lar