 Off-Topic / Fun / 10075
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:

Herring heaven!

http://www.mabaensch.com - exciting herring recipes & more

Two jars of each flavor is tempting.  But what if it arrives on a sunny
day and sits baking on the porch all afternoon?  Or (more likely) what
if it is delivered by someone other than our normal UPS guy who cannot
negotiate his or her way around the mudslides along our driveway and
ends up launching the delivery vehicle 200 feet down the hill into the
creek?

No ten pound chocolate bar this year.  What I crave now are avocados
and guacamole.  For two months I have been consuming mass quantities.
The checker at the store always asks if I forgot the chips.  Six tubs
of guacamole and no chips.  Only once have avocados been cheap enough
for me to make my own, so I have to settle for Trader Joe's.  And I
have temporarily suspended my boycott of Frito-Lay because it has to be
Tostito's Scoops (which TJ's doesn't carry).  If I make a layer dip the
family swoops down like vultures.  I plan to buy a giant bag of avocados
around superbowl time, and then I expect the craving will have
run its course.

Maggie