 Off-Topic / Fun / 6444
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:

Hey, is Brie becoming more popular? Are you seeing it more grocery stores? I
did not know it had that much fat in it. Makes sense though. I like brie...

I don't know if it is or not.  They seem to carry it in a lot of supermarkets,
but I never buy it there because you never know how long it's been sitting
there and so either it takes on the taste of plastic wrapping or it isn't as
runny around the edges as I like.  Plus the fat content is often too low--
what's the point of THAT?  I only buy it at Trader Joe's where they label it
with the date it was put out, and then only the kind with the plain white
label-- Paul Somebody's 62% Supreme Brie-- it absolutely oozes out of the
rind-- yum!

They kept me away from the herring for DAYS. All through the holiday season.
Every time I got that herring craving, they would not tell me where it was
hid.

Of course, I would binge on herring when it finally came out!

I haven't thought about that herring since New Year's.

The other night I got a hunkering for falafel.

Gosh, Erik, you sound like a pregnant woman!  You do know that men sometimes
get sympathy cravings....

Maggie C.