 Off-Topic / Fun / 10081
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
Guacamole!

Serendipity!  Avocados are on sale now for 59 cents each at a local market!
The opportunity I've been waiting for!

Do you make a taco layer dip?

Don't know if there is anything taco about it.  No ground beef or taco
seasoning or anything like that (although I make taco salad frequently
during the summer).  Layers of whatever is around of things like sour
cream, salsa, grated cheese, refried beans, etc.,  and of course
avocados/guacamole.  I like scallions, cilantro and olives, but the
picky eater kid gets upset.

I like sliced avocado and tomato on turkey with seven-grain bread.

Yum, and chicken avocado tostadas.

Guess who is cooking dinner tonight.

Tostitos scoops are neat. When I saw them this weekend I started to
think of how to build with them.

Before they are punched into scoops they are hexagons.

I saw a jar of herring a couple of days ago and bought it.  Then
I forgot about it until a little while ago when I looked in our pantry,
and there it was.  The NLS (NHS) had unbagged the groceries and put it
in the pantry instead of the refrigerator.  :-(

Maggie C.