 Off-Topic / Fun / 10074
Re: Herring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:
Hmm... and why does this thread seem oddly familiar?

Herring heaven!

Grandma served "Ma Baensch Imported Herring Tidbits in Wine Sauce." Made in
Milwaukee from Atlantic herring, this is the best stuff I've tasted! I am one
happy fish eater this Christmas.

After last holiday's disaster with the spoiled, last jar of herring in
Milwaukee, I am pleasantly surprised to find this brand which *ought* to be
available! It's made here.

I bought a little jar in Kew Gardens, NY, which turned out to be Finnish, i.e.
Russian flavored, and really not to my taste. However, after thinking about it
for a few days, I ate it, red onions and spices and all. Not too bad.

Next year, I hope to make a good herring pizza. Mmm!

-Erik

http://www.mabaensch.com - exciting herring recipes & more