 Off-Topic / Fun / 8737
Re: So it's finally 2002..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:05:15 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Jon Palmer writes:
"Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Gp9MHs.GIz@lugnet.com...
When's NASA going to launch a mission to the Ice Planet?

Well considering that by 2001 we couldn't pull off a cool centrifugal space
station, a moon base or a manned flight to Jupiter, (even a decent
re-release of said movie!!) I think the chances are slim that NASA is going
to launch an expedition to the Ice Planet.  ;-)  I'm convinced
(unfortunatly) that we won't really get into space until Mcdonald's finds
out it can mine hamburgers on asteroids.

Come to New York and see 2001 in Times Square. Unless it ended its run last
night, a restored edition was playing in one theatre. I think it's across
the street from McDonald's. They're watching and waiting.