 Year / 2002 / 251
Re: So it's finally 2002..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:51:35 GMT

"Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Gp9MHs.GIz@lugnet.com...
When's NASA going to launch a mission to the Ice Planet?

Well considering that by 2001 we couldn't pull off a cool centrifugal space
station, a moon base or a manned flight to Jupiter, (even a decent
re-release of said movie!!) I think the chances are slim that NASA is going
to launch an expedition to the Ice Planet.  ;-)  I'm convinced
(unfortunatly) that we won't really get into space until Mcdonald's finds
out it can mine hamburgers on asteroids.

I actually just had a dream last night about the sad state of the space
program and the prospect of a (very distant) future age of exploration.
Weird huh.  'Course I also had an incredibly detailed dream about going to a
nursery and getting a houseplant, pot and some soil.

Oh yeah, I still want a 70mm 2001!!  Bah.

-Jon ("....The Microsoft Space Dome, The Starbucks Galaxy...")