 Year / 2002 / 268
Re: So it's finally 2002..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

The last movie I watched for 2001 was a deliberate choice: 2001 A Space
Odessey.  I remember my dad taking me to see that when it was at it's
exclusive run at the Warner's in Hollywood (Cinerama screen, of course).  It
was a future that seemed so far away at the time and now it's the past!  All
in all, the technology Kubrick envisioned held up pretty well (homicidal
computers aside).

Bruce

Not to nit-pick, Bruce, but I think you mean "...the technology A. C. Clarke
envisioned held up pretty well."  A whole lot of what Clarke wrote has held up
very well.

Jeff J