 Year / 2002 / 267
266  |  268
Subject:
. . . And Knowing Is Half The Battle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 04:19:29 GMT

Greetings

I just had to finally post and say how cool the new 2002 Alpha Team Sets
are. Not only are the sub designs pretty cool but I find I really love the
story behind the theme. I feel like I'm back in third grade watching
G.I.Joe. Alpha Team vs Ogel is just like G.I.Joe vs Cobra. Or G.D.I. Vs The
Brotherhood Of Nod as my Command & Conquer playing friends might think of it.

I really like the two mutant animal sets. I think its cool how whoever
thought up these things found a way to recycle some of the parts from the
Dinosaur sets and link it to the Alpha Team story. I'd had my eyes on those
Dinos for the last year and getting some of the parts with the addition of
that whacky Ogel mech gear grafted on was too good to pass up. I love them.

I just got the Ogel Shark sub this weekend (Lego Imagination Center Downtown
Disney CA) and its great. I love the new parts, the slopes and the canopy. I
really like the Ogel Hench-Zombie Deploying Mechanism.

So far the Alpha Team vehicles seem pretty normal but thats in keeping with
the G.I.Joe theme. Cobra always had the crazy vehicles while the Joes had to
make do with plain looking US military surplus hardware.

So what are you waiting for? You know you need a Mutant Killer Whale
complete with Ogel Hench-Zombie rider. Get yours today.

Matt Hamand

P.S. Also picked up the Star Wars Twin Pod Cloud Car. Like that on too.
great parts and is this the first Star Wars set to break the US$.10 price
point? I make I make it out to be US$.085. Great set.