 Off-Topic / Fun / 8109
Re: Now that we have a range of pictures...some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:22:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Sanburn writes:
Bruce & All,

I bet these young whippersnappers never had to write a program with &^%$#@!
punchcards.  In the snow!  Uphill!  Both ways!  :-)

I never had the "priviledge", but I had enough programming teachers in my
high school and college days to tell us the stories, either funny, sad, and
horrific, from the usual spilt the cards on the way to the final, to the too
tired to number them right stories.

Didn't you have to chip those punchcards in stone? ; )

My favorite memories of my earliest computer days (I know, I am only 26, so
mine are different than Larry's, among others) were from the good ol
Commodore 64:

LOAD "*",8,1

Ah, the C64.  I hear C64, and I still think "Stay a while.  Stay forever!" :)

James "C64's did something other than play cracked games?" Brown