 Harry Potter / 623
Re: Now that we have a range of pictures...some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:44:03 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
So , you're saying that "begs the question" somehow DOESN'T belong in the
catagory of reasoning processes?

It's not an antonym of reasoning?

In the way I used it, it's NOT a verb facetiously inviting folks to reason
out the meaning of a possibly glowing Snape head in the Harry Potter line,
when there is no evidence of this phenomenon in the books?

When used in this way, it becomes rhetorical, correct?

And that was my point...there really IS no question...if it does, it
shouldn't, but it looks as if it might, which is strange since there is no
evidence of it in the books...so, why, but not in the sense that I'm
expecting an actual answer...just that I'm pointing out to folks that they
may have reason to wonder if, in fact, it does when it shouldn't! *WHEW*

Um, could you provide a sentence diagram for the above? I got lost in a maze
of twisty little negations, all different, and now there's a dwarf throwing
an ax...

Actually, in the interest of lack of imagination, I let the eye-biting
monkey sit down at the keyboard, and...well, you know how he is...