 Off-Topic / Fun / 7162
Re: mech legalities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 20:25:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

My RPG FoTW (not this week, but it happened during *a* week):
I was in a local Goodwill store, yet again finding no LEGO (for that
matter, I have *NEVER* found even a single LEGO in all my trips to a bunch
of Goodwill stores over spanning about two decades!), I noticed a black
cardboard box, about 5x1.5x8.  Lo and behold, it was the first printing of
the first edition of Traveller, with a price tag of $1!  Even better, when I
opened it to check its completeness, I found Ogre, Car Wars, and a few other
SJG still in their ziplocks stuffed in with the Traveller rules.  At
checkout, I learned that there was a 25% sale, so I got the whole shebang
for $.75.

Good deal!  Thrift stores are terrible on Lego, but they can be great on games.

Of course, Traveller one can argue that Traveller as a game is over-priced
at 75 cents...

  Maybe... But I also got Ogre and Car Wars in the deal.  8^)

     Dave!