 Off-Topic / Fun / 7158
Re: mech legalities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 19:43:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:

  Hah!  TSR swallowed by an amoeba!  How fitting.

TSR was once the Amoeba that swallowed SPI, so it has a certain circular
irony to it.  (for the non-intialized (initiated on initials): Tactical
Studies Rules and Simulations Publications, Inc.)

Dungeons and Dragons is now in its 3rd edition, but the game itself hasn't
recovered from the new-release-hiatus it suffered a few years back.  TSR is
still the producer of AD&D and the like, but it is a subsidiary company of WotC.

Which is now a subsidiary of Hasbro.

  You know, I sometimes can appreciate justice.  Steve Jackson
  keeps humming along, but the grouper that was TSR got angled
  right out of the water.  The victory of substance over flash
  will be cemented the day we see a TSR/Pokémon crossover.  :)

  Spiffy!

  LFB

Being a long-time GURPS (oh geez, now I gotta explain more initials to the
looky-loos: Generic Universal Role Playing System) fan, I'm glad Evil Stevie
is still around, but starting out a 10 year old in GURPs is a bit difficult.
There's something to be said for handing him some dice, giving him a few
odds and ends to start with, and letting him go.

Still have my 1st edition brown-box (no A)D&D(no TM)!  My 27 year old
20-sided die takes about that long to stop rolling it's gotten so round.  :-)

Bruce the Geezer
("I remember way back when before there wuz any of these new-fangled
Paladins or Thieves...")