 Off-Topic / Fun / 6890
Re: "They Live" spoilers (was Re: John Carpenter )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
Some of his recent movies have been realy bad, I agree, but "John • Carpenter's
Vampires" is thoroughly enjoyable, IMHO.

Anyone seen _Dark Star_?

I haven't, unfortunately.  John Carpenter runs very hot and cold- while
"Vampires" and "Big Trouble in Little China"[1] are great movies, "They
Live" is terrible.

Come on man!!  "They Live" is probably my favorite "B" movie of all time.  It
has one of the best fist fights I've seen in a movie,  All to get a guy to
ware a pair of sunglasses of all things

If by "best" you mean comically protracted, I wholeheartedly agree!  While
undeniably a good B-movie, one of the things I like most about it is...

Yah that's what I mean.  There have to be 4 or 5 points during the fight that
you figure thats it, it's over, and they go about kicking the &%$# out of each
other for another round.

That is one awsome, and incredibly funny at times fight.  If it where me I
would have just put the damn glasses on!!!!

Eric Kingsley