 General / 28743
Re: Use of LEGO on album cover... legal or no?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:10:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

am curious, however, why they didn't quash Eric Harshbarger's desk that he
sold.  They should have been more on the ball there.

What on Earth are you talking about?  That's like saying, "I don't know why Big
Lumber Company didn't sue when John Carpenter made a desk out of their wood and
sold it on eBay."

The album cover makes much more sense.  It's pretty clear that they don't like
the fact that their trademarked art- ie, the faces printed on the heads- is
being used to make someone else a profit.

Try selling the sculpture itself, and I seriously doubt LEGO would have a
problem with it.

eric