 Off-Topic / Fun / 5502
5501  |  5503
Subject:
Encoding? (was Re: This isn't good enough!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:20:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hmmm, so if Larry == ++Lar what does *(++Lar) resolve too?
I dunno but I don't wanna be anywhere near a   --(*(++Lar))    ;-)

Me either, sounds like what you'd get sending me through the Moebus machine the
wrong way once (1).

Looks like we need a new entry in the Lego Code.  (1)  Here's my .02 pesos:

<SNIP ATTITUDE="tongue *FIRMLY* in cheek">

*LARRY P*

You people have way too much free time!

If you've read LUGNET, chances are you've read something by Larry
Pieniazek.  Express how you feel about Larry's posts, Larry's philosophy,
or Larry's socks.

(2)

The cause for the unusual prefix notation was lost to
the mists of history, but is believed to have something to do with the
founding fathers or blue hoppers, or something like that.

---Lar     I'm Scott Arthur.

No no, it's "I'm Lorbaat!"... Remember, Scott Arthur was right about something
once... the time that he agreed with me, remember?

1 - _Doorways in the Sand_, Roger Zelazny

++Lar ... 2 - who is currently down to one pair of clean socks left, and has a
strong feeling about that!