 Local / Australia / 1825
Re: This isn't good enough!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
We need to be slightly careful with this 'end of their newsgroup' stuff.
This is not what we seek and certainly no anything we need.  Power to the
Italians for a wonderful diverse and strong group - my bestest and fondest
aspirations for their continued growth and vitality.

Goodness, you had me wondering until I got to the next bit!

Its just that its the way of things for the young and energetic to
eventually surpass the not young and not energetic.  No sense the young and
energetic rubbing their noses in it, now is there?

It seems very strange to me that the the Italians are putting up such a
fight...after all the Canadians weren't nearly so much trouble were they...And
to think, that was only a few months ago, and look where they are now compared
to us :)

They're talking about civil wars now!  Get those Brikwars forces at the
ready... :)

Notate che babelfish non ha saputo tradurre "uniamoci" ed e' bastato scrivere
Canguri colla c maiuscola per fargli credere fosse un nome...
Ps: in Australia vive un milione di Italiani: sta mica per scoppiare una • guerra
civile? :-)

Noticed that babelfish it has not known translate " uniamoci " and e' been
enough to write Canguri glue c capital letter for fargli believing was a
name... Ps: in Australia alive a million Italians: is at all in order to burst
one civil war? -)

I wonder if they've actually thought about why so many of their countrymen are
over here...Could it be that they've realised we're so much more civilised and
mature than their home country [not to mention quicker...after all, how long
did it take them to notice were gaining....and we've been fairly stationary of
late, too]

(and in another post they do indeed seem to have figured out the
mispelling bit :( )

Looks like Strine may be required :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com