 Off-Topic / Fun / 4064
Re: Newest cars from Detroit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:16:40 GMT, "Mark Herzberg" <carorvan@aol.com>
wrote:

I love the Multipa. Radical and not very pretty, but oh so practical and
innovative. Though I never thought Fiat would do it., produce such a radical
car that is. I first saw the concepet in Turin and was amazed they built it.

If you want one o' them small numbers, get an A-class, a Smart, or any
of the Japanese H-types. There's plenty that's just as small, and look
a lot better. Maybe not in the US, though.

The A-Class is not here yet, though Mercedes-Benz is preparing the launch.
DaimlerChrysler wants to open up Smart Centres in Miami, Tampa Bay, Detroit,
San Diego, LA, San Fransisco, and New York, though no launch date yet.

Mercs aren't luxury cars -- they're merely slightly upscale. Now, a
Rolls, _that_'s a luxury car. Or an Aston.

In the US, even though the cheapest Mercedes-Benz is $31,000 and will soon be
$25,000, it is a luxury car. Rolls-Royce is an Exotic Luxury car (though not
at all exotic in Southern California and Southern Florida) and Aston Martin is
considered a GT Touring car.