 Off-Topic / Fun / 1887
Re: The Daily Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:39:17 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
The music radio stations here do what they call "45-minute music sets",
where they play 45 minutes of music followe dby 15 minutes (!) of
commercials.

"Here at your Favorite At-Work Station Digital Power Good Time Hits Q103.7,
Your Fresh More Music FM, we like to talk a lot about how we talk less than
the other guys. In fact, if you listen all day, you'll note that we play more
music than any other [...]"

My "ad breaks" consist largely of "WinAmp - it really whips the llamas ass"
"DJ no ego - back to the music" and "RDU - a radio station". All of which
are MP3s that I've scrounged or recorded for my own amusement. But then my
boss just bought me a 16GB hard drive at work, because he discovered that
he liked the MP3 jukebox :)

Moz
(DJ No Ego is the CD jukebox at RDU that does the night shift, and RDU is
a student radio station in Christchurch, Nuke-Freeland. http://www.rdu.org.nz/
and yes, Carole Rae really did record that as a  "station identification")
--
moz1 at ihug either .com.au or .co.nz
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~moz1/index.html