 Off-Topic / Fun / 10933
  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald wrote: snip (new forum announcement) I just went over and looked around. I read the rules for the space forum and the moc forum. Sounds rather unfriendly to me... don't know if I'll ever post there. (...) What the heck (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) All of these rules should be adhered without question. And just this once I shall explain to you the reasoning. "teh" is a commong term in most internet circles, It is also seen as "the" "t3h" and the little known "t3he". All of these refer to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

I'm not gonna bother refuting points in this one. One good point, I believe I'm going to change the word "rules" to "guidelines". They are just guidlines and it's totaly up to the mods to decide what violates those guidelines and what doesn't. The (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) People really are carping a lot about all this, aren't they? It's starting to give me a haddock. If we big fish are left to flounder, however will we salmon the strength to continue? All this crabbing doesn't really kelp matters anyway. Give (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) First, thanks for visiting. It's more than some others have admitted to doing. (...) Heh, humor. I love it. CSF's and yours. (...) This is very Andy Rooney-ish. But I should mention that rules aren't invalidated by humor. (...) This applies to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) There was really nothing to refute. I was merely expressing my OPINIONS about your guidelines. I was asking an honest question about rule #5 though. What does it mean and was it meant to be sarcastic. I have no problem following a set of rules (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) In fact many of these LUGNET lurkers are already feeling welcome enough to post, even with all the "evil" rules... I wonder why that is? (URL) Peace! -Jason (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Because a lot of cool people hang out there? I dunno how long I will keep my current activity level at CSF but I'm having fun... I think people should sit back and not worry. Diversity in discussion groups is good for the growth of the hobby. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) my only real complaint so far is that I cannot find the scroll bars against the black background. Makes it hard to read longer threads (...) I have no problem following a set of rules that make sense and are orderly. (...) Oops, I didn't mean (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) sniped a bunch of attitue (...) Isn't that one of primary complaints about lugnet? Its too big and slow to change? (...) Not angry, merely posing some honest questions and expressing opinions & concerns. Something that apparently is not (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

sorry to reply to my own post. I do wish lugnet had an edit feature. I put in a double negative... I meant: I would say that it doesn't apply to all who have joined so far. That was my initial gut reaction to the rules though, especially with the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Rick is not a Mod. You can see the list of Mods here: (URL) Quite a lot, yes, but to be honest I doubt many of us will be needed. Also, you need to understand the "MOC Announcements" Forum is for finished MOCs. CSF welcomes all builders to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Of course it was. It's a shame you don't get that. (...) Thanks to your questioning, I actually now have a better understanding of what the MOC section is meant to be. I'll have to clarify this on the forum. The MOC section is meant as a place (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) CSF does :-) (...) While I can't deny there's a miniscule potential for despotic leadership, it seems to be the enlargement of an assessment of it that is needlessly scaring a few. There seems to be a few "what-ifs" about the mods (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) I totally agree. Frankly, if I'm going to be missing out on a MOC announcement because a moderator was presumptuous enough to delete it, then I'll be sticking to the forum where that doesn't happen. If this is a misunderstanding of the CSF (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) So, I would never get to see the overall shape of the ship that this builder tried to post? Or get to see that use of the spoked wheels which, to my embarrassment, had actually eluded me all this time? Right. Thanks for clearing that up. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Not that anyone cares regarding the CSF witch hunt that seems to be going on here, but this rule has been removed. You can all go back to whining about other trivial things that have no bearing on you if you don't plan on joining CSF. Adrian (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

some snippage Voicing constructive criticism is ok... BUT (...) I care. And I think it's an inappropriate witch hunt (insomuch as it is a witch hunt, it's not completely one). Those giving criticism should check out CSF and see if they like it. If (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)