 Off-Topic / Fun / 10949
Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:08:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Douglas R. Clark wrote:

I also believe that moderating and judging “crappy MOCs” is wrong. How is a “newbie” supposed to grow and learn if their “crappy mocs” are always being deleted? To me that is the most offensive part of your rules. My opinion... I may participate in your discussions but I probably will never post a MOC there. I create to please myself not you or your forum.

I totally agree. Frankly, if I’m going to be missing out on a MOC announcement because a moderator was presumptuous enough to delete it, then I’ll be sticking to the forum where that doesn’t happen. If this is a misunderstanding of the CSF guidelines then somebody please clear this up for me.

And what is all this hullabaloo about there being a “hullabaloo”, anyway? lugnet.space is the most peaceful forum I’ve visited. Other science/software forums I frequent have swanky BB code and teams of moderators, and they still have fights and arguments left, right and centre... if you think that moderation is going to solve anything, then good luck and do your best, and I hope you get some building done... *shrug*

Cheers,