 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 961 – 980 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Theory vs. practice (was Re: Polyamory

(...) Wrong again. See: (URL) (...) Very interesting, but none of that answered my point: "In many ways, our rights are stronger than your own" I note that I was talking about actuality - not theory. But, again, you chose to squirm. Despite that, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Description vs. argument

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur writes: May I? (...) Yes. And to compare, how is the history of British society and homosexuals? It's not exactly a political freedom, but it's similar, and your record sucks. (...) We did. (...) Evolution is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.310)

  Re: guns, guns, guns (was: demographics (was: My Gun Control Rant))

(...) Well, I suppose guns are necessary for an insurgency to be armed. They may not be the only effective means of achieving substantial political change; cf feminism for another example. (...) Not necessarily, but that's not my point. Gandhi's (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.310)

  Re: The fix is in: Rams go to SuperBowl

(...) I can't believe you would suggest such a thing. Are you honestly suggesting that something as time-honored as a championship professional football game could be rigged? What are we supposed to believe next, that a popular televised quiz show (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

(...) Scott, think this through, and give an answer: what superior power of decision making does the government (which is a collection of people) have that any other collection of people could have? What makes the legislatures and other government (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) It is a simple observation. (...) You are a little wrong here about the UK. But I think, overall, we have mixed well - given that most immigrants arrived here post WW2. As far as I know we have never had legal segregation in the UK. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.310)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) It is pretty much the same here - she only really acts on the advice of the privy council (politicians). If she ever where to speak on a political issue, I think she'd find her self out of a job. The closest we get the "Royals" medalling in (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Well I never claimed to be dogmatic about anything :) I took the (URL) quiz and I have edged closer to the Libertarian and Moderate spheres, but it still labels me left-liberal. (Personal Self Gov 80%, Economic Self Gov 40%) * Businesses and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.310)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Well, James, we've already had this argument. You know darn well already that all of these things above are goods, rather than rights. And as I've said before, there is no moral right to free goods. But since you're a communist: (URL) not sure (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.309)

  Foundation of a republic (was Gun control)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek has been snipped... (...) Although Australia is a constitutional backwater (no bill of rights, still a monarchy etc) our High Court has come up with some interesting jurisprudence on this point. Rather (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.309)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Hugely snipped... (...) Precisely. And what the lord(1) giveth, the lord taketh away. That's my point. The US is (theoretically(2)) constrained in what rights it can usurp because the US is founded on the principle that rights come from the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.309)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

Larry, I agree with you on this one. I think the "story" could use a little less random violence. Yes, we all dislike Jar-Jar, and if that's so, why bother to include this annoying character in the fantasy worlds we create? Not only that, but the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.309)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) he is (...) from! Do (...) automatically (...) Well, I must have took it the wrong way, but it sure looked like you were complaining that you might, under a Libertarian system, actually have to spend more of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.308)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Hey look, me too. (Anyone surprised?) Interesting the web version of this quiz is slightly different from the one I got off of Freshmeat (ported to Unix by Eric Raymond...). That version makes some of the questions be very loaded (to the point (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Fair enough, but I still disagree :) I would say that a worthy artist is one who produces worthy art. I would also suggest that the requirement of any form of suffering or willingness to suffer, on behalf of the artist, is an intellectual one (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.307)

  Re: UK Happy to sign European Convention on Human Rights (was Britain's bloody... (was When is...)

(...) What was the question? (...) What's the point of that. (...) Didn't say it did. Recall I said I didn't think Israel should have been set up in the first place. Recall that I said that it was the UK that caused this mess. You haven't answered (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.307)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

(...) oh - ok... you don't think Arafat want's the destruction of israel? hmmm... Arafat: [1] "Our people [are] continuing the road to Jerusalem, the capital of our independent Palestinian state," Arafat said. "To accept or not to accept it, let him (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.307)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

I did not really intend this to be a Palestinian V Israeli debate, that always ends in looking levels of wrongness. However, if the current leader in Iraq or the former leader of serbia were to use the same methods - how would that be treated (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.307)

  Re: When is a website "independent" and when is it "part of"?

Oh dear. I knew it'd come to lugnet too sometime. I've had enough politics in the past three weeks to last a lifetime, but here goes anyway. (...) Maybe true. In fact, probably true. (...) Oh my. Why *would*/*should* the US remove its so-called (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.307)

  Re: Uselessness of ".debate" between Scott and Larry

(...) This brings back a memory of a movie which I forget the title but it involves a family relocating across the country and all the mis-adventures of the move and the new house, and then I think they wound up moving back. In any case, in this (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.307)

More:  Next Page >>