 Off-Topic / Debate / 3918
Re: The fix is in: Rams go to SuperBowl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:23:36 GMT

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:15:36 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

Did anyone see the NFC championship game today and think the Bucs got
screwed?  That overturned call in the last minute was beyond belief.  I
guess ABC wants the flashy Rams to go to the Super Bowl rather than the
defense-led Bucs.  And Kurt Warner's wife is so cute, too (I should
know, I have seen her at least 100 times in 2 weeks).

My hats off to Tony Dungy and the Bucs-- what a great run they had.

I can't believe you would suggest such a thing.

Are you honestly suggesting that something as time-honored as a
championship professional football game could be rigged?

What are we supposed to believe next, that a popular televised quiz
show could be fixed?  C'mon, come back to reality, John.  This is
America.  You know - truth, justice, and the American way?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?