 Off-Topic / Debate / 3950
Re: The fix is in: Rams go to SuperBowl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:53:53 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

John Neal wrote:

I found it comforting that a local radio personality thought the same
thing I did that something nefarious was/is going on-- I can't believe
nobody is taking my troll bait!

Well, ya, it's rigged. But so what?

???!!!  $1,000,000 of legal bets are placed on the NFL each week, and
you're saying "so what, it's rigged"??  Last time I checked that was
illegal.

Look, even the WWF is rigged, but it is still true that:
- being a WWF participant requires a great deal of skill. Falling HURTS
if you don't do it right.
- it's a gateway to even MORE rigged things. Name me an NFL personality
that went on to being a governor of a state. (US senate doesn't count
;-) Jack Kemp went on to that office out of the NFL, and Bill Bradley,
of course, went on to that office out of the NBA)

Look, if you want to have a debate, you have to say something
CONTROVERSIAL.

But that's exactly my point!  NO ONE will debate the point that the Bucs
were flat out robbed because everyone *knows* that was a catch!  I welcome
anyone to defend the POV that that catch was in some way not a catch, but
if not the only conclusion is graft and no one cares.

If I lived in Tampa Bay I'd be loading up the shot guns and planning a road
trip about now....;-)

Read some of my posts if you're not sure how to set off
flame wars. I think in terms of flamage generated by others per word
typed I have got most of you guys beat.

You da <controversial> Man!

-John