 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 881 – 900 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) This doesn't sound to me like a country whose intentions "were that the war was going to continue to the absolute bitter end" and Truman had full knowledge of it. --- begin quote --- July 1945 - Japan's peace messages Still, the messages from (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Not for everyone. Those who are wealthy enough not to have to worry about a 60 or 80% increase in the price per gallon aren't going to be affected at all, except perhaps to enjoy a larger profit from their oil stocks. Raising the prices serves (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) I haven't actually seen him speak, but he will be the third LP presidential candidate that I will have voted for. I think it all comes down to money, and the LP isn't willing to get enough of it to actually take hold. I am a "belly up to the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) And I wonder how we would all feel if Dubya at least acted like a true leader of "the people"--leading them to do the right thing--instead of trotting down the same old 'naive solution' of 'he who has the biggest stick'. What I want to hear, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  US & friends vs. Muslims

Something very disturbing is growing and gaining support since the beginning of the Iraqi crisis in USA. This, in my opinion, is more threatening than any dictator. It's called blind-nationalism. In 1970, the FLQ (Front de Lebération du Québec), (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

(...) Bruce, 4 things: 1. The LA Times devoted 3 reporters for 7 weeks to investigate the character of one of the candidates, while ignoring any character issues on the other candidates. Gray Davis, for instance, is said to have a bad temper and has (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37CC3897.1147B7...ger.net... (...) People can disagree on the details and still be one true faith, unless you define one true faith as 100% the same across the board, which doesn't happen (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) Yer a stick in the mud. (...) Yes, it's quite funny. Personally, I find it funny because it's a poke in the eye of the Lucasfilm marketing behemoth that spawned JarJar. I can't speak for Dan, but I put the JarJar violence into my story (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Canceled Lego Theme...?

(...) Scott would have to speak for himself on what he meant (and he doesn't always read .debate so may miss this unless notified by email, and even then may choose not to respond at all)... but I did not take what he said as either of those things. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Well, news programs constantly use punch/pun titles, and no one complains about it (except when the torrent of stupid puns overwhelms the discourse (such as when Trent Lott pined for the days of segregation: "Lott of Trouble," "Lott of (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Was that really a coin flip? I doubt it. I really truly believe (see your weaseling below) that you don't think people ever need to take responsibility for ANYTHING, even if they do know all the risks. Stating that there are unknown risks (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Legal Education? (was: real conspiracies?)

First, let me just say: Holy Crap! What a lot of complicated questions! Obviously, I have to make the usual I AM NOT A LAWYER warning here. But, really -- I am not a lawyer and you shouldn't consider anything I say any kind of legal advice. These (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer)

Everything has a purpose, whether we see that purpose in a few days, a year, ten years, or even a century, God has a reason for everything. The reason could be very suttle, it could be realised by only a few people, or there could be a number of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice

(...) Allegedly two studies duplicated the original results (one currently unpublished). Another did not produce the same results. The sample size was small in all cases - I wouldn't take claims either way as conclusive. (...) What does this have to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism

(...) #2 applies to yourself, and you are stretching #1 to apply to me and then are making the erroneus conclusion that they are equivalent. You further listing below does not support your assertation, and the further one I provided also doesn't. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I understand the motivation too, I think (who can be *sure* they understand the motivation of others?). But I cannot condone force initiation. We must exhaust the rule of law first before we get that extreme. I share your concern about farming (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Medical Marijuana

From the LP newsletter I get, posted in its entireity... poses an interesting dilemna with respect to states rights and how far a state can go in deviating, and how far a state can go in resisting encroachment on states rights - start - Libertarians (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <386E8B8E.EF62ED6C@v...er.net>... (...) statically stable, (...) to Owenite (...) Larry), and (...) process, before (...) Right, its not a utopia, not a mere fantasy. It is workable. People would need to adapt to a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Pay It Forward

(...) You are correct that it isn't a good example, but because Communism has not been ALLOWED to work in Cuba due to the crippling sanctions (embargo, boycott, whatever you wish to call it) imposed by America. It's like denying someone food and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Byzantine Brokering by Byzantium

(...) Not so much the Turks but the Ottomans under Mehmet II (the Conqueror). Theirs was the real administrative revolution that made the final conquest of Byzantium by the Turks possible. IMHO, anyways, given that the Anatolian hinterland had been (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>