 Off-Topic / Debate / 1988
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 03:52:55 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
Can I use that as a test of valid religion, then? If they say they are
the one true faith, they aren't??? That would help winnow a LOT of them
out.

People can disagree on the details and still be one true faith, unless you
define one true faith as 100% the same across the board, which doesn't
happen because we're not automatons.  Does the LP require 100% likeness in
all aspects of your personal life?  Do they dictate exactly how to punch the
voting ticket?  Would another LPer type the same messages as you, word for
word?  I doubt it (and if they do you're not half as "free-thinking" as you
like to think).  So why must Christians stand at a certain time, sing a
certain song, or pass the offereing plate with the left hand?

Lenin used to say that two people are a political party and three are a
party and a faction.

Jesse