 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 61 – 80 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: New Web Page

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 01:22:14 GMT, Terry K uttered the following profundities... (...) An assumption, based on the fact that most images of paper currency usually have something obscuring an important part of the note. Shall we do so, anyway? Front (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.555)

  Re: New Web Page

On Mon, 17 May 1999 23:41:55 GMT, Terry K uttered the following profundities... (...) I like the detail in US paper currency. I dislike the new style. (Same with postage stamps. Older US postage stamps were beautiful. These '90's ones look like they (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.555)

  Re: Making money on the Net (Was: New Web Page)

After all of the discussion about currencies, I have scanned a few bank notes so people can compare. Here is the site: (URL) is the text from the page, should anyone wish to send me scans of their banknotes. After discussing currency on Lugnet, I (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.554)

  Re: Making money on the Net (Was: New Web Page)

Once upon a time, (on Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:15:04 GMT, to be precise!), Frank Filz uttered the following profundities.... (...) Whoops! Looks like I cut off a few millimetres of the right side. I intend to rescan them anyway, as they weren't the best (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.553)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

(...) But, But... if Joe Smith decided not to pay, he isn't going to be flying. At least not with me, anyway. I certainly will not choose an airline that won't take the maximum steps to ensure my safety. I plan to quiz NWA quite closely about that. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 1.518)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Like it or not the ten commandments had a lot to do with the foundation of our entire way of life in this country. They are a historical example of a great legal system, just as Hammurabi's code. This country was founded by people who accepted (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.508)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) If God is really a donkey, and Jesus had come to Earth and said, "Ok, now let's say Our Donkey in Heaven" do you think that anyone would have taken him seriously? In that society (and some would argue this society), being a woman didn't mean (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.508)

  Artificial Life (Was: Re: Evolution (was Re: Mormon bashing again))

(...) It's understandable to be in awe of what god has produced, but it's arrogant to assume that just because we can't comprehend it all, that evolution must be the answer. It's understandable to be in awe of what evolution has produced, but it's (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.508)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) It's obvious from the above statement that your just trying to stir the pot, but you DO make many good points. (...) Not true. That's your opinion, on what authority do you base it? (...) Jesus did just that, and continues to answer that very (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.507)

  Re: left-leaning pantywaists in Britain (Re: So are they prisoners of war or what?)

(...) It was claimed that they were "happy" - which I thought odd. (...) Concerned, but non-troubling making is how I’d describe it: Straw to quiz US on UK captives (URL) (...) That is irrelevant (even if true). But I do wonder how the next US POW's (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 1.493)

  Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?

I came to much the same conclusion. Normally I avoid driving in New York, but, my SO brought a little subcompact, and there we were, outgunned on the mean streets. So we got a Jeep Cherokee. It's the smallest SUV that is still able to carry 4 tall (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.486)

  Re: Special Boxes

(...) It had originated when a newbie had posted binary files. (I do not use newbie in a derogatory sense, as I am technically still one myself!) There were the usual related flames, and then someone, as an aside comment about the flames mentioned (...) (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.464)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) No, I'm sure he means State/Government. If you distil "society" (as you're referring to it here) down, it amounts to two forces: - market (in that if "society" frowns upon certain activities, there will be influence on cost/benefit analysis (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.460)

  Re: Do you qualify? Was Re: Globalization, H1-B Visas, other geeky stuff...

(...) Me too. Seems I'm less geeky than I thought. If anyone calls me a geek again I'll point them to that quiz and tell them I only got 21%, which is just over 1/5th geek (damn, I think my geek rating just doubled!). Dan (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

quiz
(score: 1.458)

  Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

(...) Regulations that shield companies....... Sounds familiar, and one of the biggest impediments to customers getting a fair deal in the shops here in the UK and Europe. Consumer goods cost more in the UK than in our competitor's shops. For (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.453)

  Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) You're using a specific and unconventional definition of "selfish", most often used IME by evolutionary biologists and geneticists (both meat and virtual). To most of us "selfish" is similar to arrogant or unempathetic - (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.453)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Steve Berry wrote in message ... (...) would. (...) in (...) Yes, it must have been originated as you mentioned, but today almost whole world celebrates it and give gifts to their firedns, and make holiday. aand this occurs regardles from any (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.453)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) I was going to post a reply to an argument last week concerning species concepts in the macro-evolution/creation debate, unfortunately other responsibilities got in the way. Thanks for bringing it up. As Sproaticus said, there are many, many (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.451)

  Here we go again

Matt, I found an exmple of a functioning theocracy for you. The following story appeared on cnn.com recently. Keep in mind that these people are only trying to enforce a simple moral code, not regualting morality or anything: Afghan police crack (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.450)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

(...) No, I wasn't trying to imply that, although I may have inadvertantly (rereading back on the thread). It might be (arguably) less good for the community, but certainly not "bad" - anything that keeps our favorite toy in circulation sounds (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.442)

More:  Next Page >>