 Off-Topic / Debate / 1110
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 22:12:52 GMT

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 01:22:14 GMT, Terry K uttered the following profundities...
It would be interesting to compare smallest denomination bank
notes, if only it weren't illegal! There are so many countries
represented on Lugnet! I even have two different one Pound
notes.

Huh?  Why is it illegal?

An assumption, based on the fact that most images of paper
currency usually have something obscuring an important part
of the note.

Shall we do so, anyway? Front and back of smallest denomination,
and an agreed-upon dpi for life sized comparison, and
say compare value vs USD based on June 1 exchange rate?

I have heard of some limited success by counterfeiters, using
high quality scanners, and high quality ink- and laser-jet
printers. I believe that they had used some sort of fine
grit in the ink, in order to reproduce the lumpiness on notes
where the ink is particularly thick. Laserjets tend to dump
high levels of toner in some instances.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/