 Off-Topic / Debate / 1076
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 17:48:38 GMT

On Mon, 17 May 1999 23:41:55 GMT, Terry K uttered the following profundities...
On Sun, 16 May 1999 17:51:47 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) wrote:

The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their
money is prettier than ours.  Who the hell picked green as the color
of money?

Sure, lots of countries have pretty money. Some are outright garish.  But I
think the greenback has a certain understated elegance to it.

-- Terry K --

I like the detail in US paper currency. I dislike the new
style. (Same with postage stamps. Older US postage stamps were
beautiful. These '90's ones look like they have been done by
comic book artists!).

One major problem foreigners have with US currency is that it
is all the same size, as well as the same colour. It can be
easy for some to get it mixed up. (I grew up with it, so don't
have that problem).

It would be interesting to compare smallest denomination bank
notes, if only it weren't illegal! There are so many countries
represented on Lugnet! I even have two different one Pound
notes.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/