 Off-Topic / Debate / 1094
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:27:23 GMT

On Mon, 31 May 1999 17:48:38 GMT, richard.dee@virgin.net (Richard Dee)
wrote:

One major problem foreigners have with US currency is that it
is all the same size, as well as the same colour. It can be
easy for some to get it mixed up. (I grew up with it, so don't
have that problem).

Sure you do. You just don't notice it any more...

Sure, you can grow a habit of always checking the number on the bill
before spending it. But what if you don't have your reading-glasses
on? Recognising whether a bill is red, green, or blue is a lote easier
than recognising those teensy number you see fit to pu on your notes.

Banknotes aren't supposed to be elegant, they're supposed to be the
filth of the earth ;)

Jasper