 Off-Topic / Debate / 1093
Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:21:38 GMT

On Mon, 31 May 1999 17:48:59 GMT, richard.dee@virgin.net (Richard Dee)
wrote:

(3) An individual of foreign-birth cannot run for president. Does
it apply to the child of 2 American parents born overseas? What
of someone who has moved to the states with their families as
a child? My observations of some people in that situation is
that they are more "American" than many 2nd- or more generation
Americans!

You can run for president if both your parents, at the time of your
birth, had the American nationality. Army brats _can_ run for
president.

Also, if you are born in a region which later _becomes_ part of the
US, you can do so. This was apparently last invoked even _after_
WWII...

Jasper "US: We have existed for a long time. EU: Hah. when your
timelione reaches our knees call back" Janssen