 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 521 – 540 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: A word to the international community... (Re: Vote against/for...)

(...) No, I think he was asking where YOU would get your morals... you reminded him where he gets his, which I presume he already knew. We've discussed morality and the origins thereof in the past and I think I'm in the rather small minority that (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.422)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:H9LEJC.7q@lugnet.com... <snip> Middle East oil goes to Europe, where they drive their 5 liter V12 engines (...) I (...) No, the point is we don't have 5 liter V12 engines. Normal (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.422)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) The world needs to come to terms with the simple fact that the US *IS MIGHTIER THAN THOU* It's not pretentious, merely fact. Be thankful that the US also happens to be the greatest power ever to have existed on the face of the earth AND shows (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.422)

  Re: The *militia* saved flight 93 from a worse fate...

(...) But, But... if Joe Smith decided not to pay, he isn't going to be flying. At least not with me, anyway. I certainly will not choose an airline that won't take the maximum steps to ensure my safety. I plan to quiz NWA quite closely about that. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

quiz
(score: 0.420)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) You are entitled to that view. Do you care to justify it? (...) could (...) expect (...) me (...) the (...) at (...) .now you are being obtuse ;) (...) or (...) paper (...) not (...) Why are you trying so hard not to answer such a simple (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.418)

  Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript

(...) If this is what they're doing, then I believe they're doing a good thing. The original thread of this discussion however had nothing to do with whether or not they are actually doing this. It was about them releasing products to try and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 0.416)

  Re: Race Erase

(...) Yeah, I just finished reading that, after I read the article about Lott appearing on BET. Reading the article on Lott--there's political waffling and weaseling if I ever read it. But having no 'racial profiling' in the genes--that's pretty (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.415)

  Re: What does a Republican have to do to cause outrage? [was Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian...]

(...) Everything I read about this issue tells me that Strom 'renounced' his segregationalist views, that he became more moderate thru the years. Times changed and so did Strom. Lott, on the other hand, still hasn't clarified what he meant by "All (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.414)

  What does a Republican have to do to cause outrage? [was Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian...]

(...) I fear the strong pro-liberal media in the USA has struck again. I read this yesterday: It's a dirty business (URL) then it is extraordinary what you do and don't hear in the US at present. Last Thursday, as predicted in this column a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.414)

  Keeping it sane...

I read a few message boards daily, and one that I often frequent has a policy in place-- No religious/political debate. They implemented that policy 'cause, invariably, the discussion would get, usually quite quickly, bogged down into a 'flame war'. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.413)

  Will Bush Jr pardon whomever Kissinger sheds some light on?

Bush Jr on announcing Kissinger's investigation into the September 11 attacks: "This commission will help me and future presidents to understand the methods of America's enemies and the nature of the threats we face... Dr Kissinger will bring broad (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.413)

  Re: IGNORANT view fuel the IRA?

(...) Does everyone in Isreal support the occupation of the West Bank? Does the majority even do so? (...) When Shamir ended his term as PM this is what he had to say: "It pains me greatly that in the coming four years I will not be able to expand (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: British-Christians fuel the IRA?

(...) The Palestinian and Isrealis, and the Irish and the English need to try and realize that their best course of action is negotiation and compromise. Effectively, though, this means that Isrealis need to give up some land, and the English need (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  American-Christians fund the IRA?

(...) If you mean me, I don’t think I have ever made any link between the IRA and American-Christians or even Irish-Americans [whatever they are] specifically? Call me on that if I’m wrong, otherwise I’d appreciate some clarification. Further, the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) I agree 100%. But the problem is that conservatives in general (and, honestly, you in particular, in OT.debate at least) tend to castigate liberal commentators for doing exactly the same things for which conservative commentators are lauded. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) I prefer Mike Huben's analysis: "The Libertarian Party is well on its way to dominating the political landscape, judging from its power base of 100+ elected dogcatchers and other important officials after 25 years of effort." ;) More here: (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) I think we can agree that wackos come in all favors. (...) I am not for silencing criticism, but I think that insults are not necessary. How about *constuctive* criticism-- that's what I'd like. (...) I don't watch TV, much less own cable, so (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) You're injecting another issue into the discussion, which I will address in a moment. In any case, let's consider what you're saying: You're claiming that conservative talking heads can't be called demagogues as long as they are open about (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.412)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) I wouldn't exactly call "he who has the biggest stick" a naive solution-- perhaps a tried and proven one.... Remember, Saddam has a pretty big stick himself-- he has butchered 100,000s of his own people with it! So why are so many bleeding (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.411)

  Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian anymore...

(...) And I wonder how we would all feel if Dubya at least acted like a true leader of "the people"--leading them to do the right thing--instead of trotting down the same old 'naive solution' of 'he who has the biggest stick'. What I want to hear, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.411)

More:  Next Page >>