 Off-Topic / Debate / 18123
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:10:56 GMT

How 'bout the US get off it's pretentious 'Mighter than thou so we can do as
we please' high horse and smell the roses (or the toxic exhaust fumes from
rampant consumerism)

The world needs to come to terms with the simple fact that the US *IS MIGHTIER
THAN THOU*  It's not pretentious, merely fact.  Be thankful that the US also
happens to be the greatest power ever to have existed on the face of the earth
AND shows unprecedented restraint WRT world aggression and expansion.  Think
about that.

Before you go 'waging a war on terror' in other countries, before you start
yammering about how 'evil' other folks are in their yards--take a look at
the way you do things in your own country--remove dat der plank from yer eye
before ya go about tryin' to shake the dust outta mine...

Well, I'd rather countries deal with their own terrorists rather than be
sympathetic to them or worse, support them.  If they harbor terrorists that
then attack the US, they are on notice-- clean up YOUR ACT, or we will oblige
and do it for you.

As far as how we "do things in our country"-- we are the model, the freest
country on earth.  The plank, my friend, is in world's eye, not ours.

-John