 Off-Topic / Debate / 18535
18534  |  18536
Subject:
Will Bush Jr pardon whomever Kissinger sheds some light on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:23:05 GMT

Bush Jr on announcing Kissinger's investigation into the September 11 attacks:
"This commission will help me and future presidents to understand the methods
of America's enemies and the nature of the threats we face... Dr Kissinger will
bring broad experience, clear thinking and careful judgment to this important
task... we share the same commitment."

Kissinger asserts he will go where "the facts lead us. We are under no
restrictions, and we will accept no restrictions. This is not a matter simply
for New York, it is a matter for all of America. To the families concerned,
there's nothing that can be done about the losses they've suffered, but
everything must be done to avoid that such a tragedy can occur again."

Well let's just hope that his investigation does not take him all that far, as
he is already being sought by a number of nations for his various crimes. That
said, perhaps I'm misunderstanding this. Perhaps his investigation relates to
what happened on September 11 *1973* when he helped overthrow the
democratically elected government of Chile [in a rather bloody coup] and
replace it with Augusto Pinochet. No doubt that required the “clear thinking
and careful judgment” Bush Jr respects?

Perhaps Elliott Abrams should investigate this? He heads the office of
democracy and human rights after being "pardoned" by Bush Sr for his conviction
for misleading Congress over Iran-Contra...

Will Bush Jr pardon whomever Kissinger sheds some light on?

Good reading:
Kissinger, 79, returns from the political grave
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,849340,00.html

Scott A