 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1701 – 1720 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

Hi everyone - I'm new. I've been reading through a lot of the comments about the Lando figure, and my feelings are that surely it's all getting a bit deep. As far as I'm concerned, one important point is that we may well get a Lando figure in the (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) It's the inconsistent foreign policy that I really want to see the end of. I was being a little 'over the top' to make the point, but it's like, "Hey Joe Schmoo, until you get your act together, don't bother coming out!" So yes, I was a little (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!

Terry is 100% right. One thing though: the details of the anti-war side are hard to discuss because every point is at least a sub-argument. Nothing is a given because some things remain speculative because the only available knowledge is outside (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Also sprach Steve Berry: : Christmas, like it or not folks, is a CHRISTIAN holiday. It exists because : Christ is the savior and this is the day we celebrate his birth. We don't : celebrate Christmas because of decorated trees, lights or over-weight (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) I firmly believe that true Nazis (in the sense of the word where it is associated with a dark political agenda) would not quite be the kind of people who build Lego spaceships. Not even the most distorted of Nazi minds out there could possibly (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: slight

(...) I have stated many times that *my* form of Christianity takes the form of leaving you to run your life the way you want as long as you reciprocate. It's the phrasing 'wacko Xtian' (and related spelling and ideas) which kinda started this whole (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

Sproaticus wrote in message <3742D2BB.99927A6E@g...es.com>... (...) different (...) to (...) it (...) everyone! (...) If semantics means understanding the correct definition of the words we use, I guess. I am glad you figured out what I meant. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: *Native* (was "Re: Future Wild West Possibilities")

Hi, (...) **Note the small "n"--more on that later. (...) Yeah, but even American Indian is a name not given by the people themselves. Why not simply call Ojibwe Ojibwe, Oneida Oneida, and Cherokee Cherokee? Sure, it blows all of our (note that (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: what do you think of editorals regarding the environment?

(...) We're differing on a definition (as always seems to be the case between us!) If a creature passes down its own genes directly to its offspring, I see that as fundamentally different from allowing the passage of genes in which that creature (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer)

(...) Ah-ha! I see! God wants us to kill these evil people! Is that it? Maybe His plan is to bring the nation and world together? Please, we are coming together to do only two things: help those who have lost family/friends/property in the attack (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) The Chinese sold pasta to italian merchants. They "invented" gunpowder (I am not sure of the date, though). And they chose the ultimate path a great civilization can afford to, they ignored the rest of us *because they could afford to*. And up (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

(...) Well...to be fair, eBay /does/ have that 'bidding gnome' thing. The idea is that you tell it the maximum you want to pay for the set, and it does the bidding for you so you don't have to watch it. This is why the final bid is usually only the (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Mandroid (was: Re: Friendliest site on the Internet)

(...) Ya, I meant higher-level in the math sense -- different playing field -- not necessarily better or worse. Meta topics -- topics about the community and about people and how people react and behave. Nothing wrong with that per se as long as (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) Circumspection was urged in this idealised "then" you're talking about too--especially as regards air travel, motor vehicles, and even medicine. And no mistake, you're absolutely right, we made a lot of problems (although I'd argue the balance (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) and (...) triple." (...) With all of the stats just presented above, on must ask the obvious question "How is it spreading so darn quickly?" How did 20% of tha male population in that African nation become infected? Are they so sexually (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Right. So if they're hosted on Brickshelf and thus appear as an ID on posts do they ALSO need to appear in "recent images" (...) Not following you here. Checking that box would not prevent the image from being served up, just from being shown (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!

(...) Where did I say I'm talking ONLY about USA when I say 95% of all people are dumb? I meant the whole planet! My Country, Québec, included! I'm not Anti-American. I'm anti-republican, yes, but that's got nothing to do with it. Now, you mentioned (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism

(...) my bad and duly noted. I did say in that post 'The intial spark of life is debatable too' which I really should have clarified at the beginning as well. Your explanation as to how evolution does not get involved into that murky area is great, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) He is well within his rights to ask for a ban on something he dislikes. Unlike many calls-for-bans, however, he actually has valid points. (...) Well, because they are barely related, and certainly don't add anything to the community; in Jon's (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) Heck, don't make that your goal; *I* build space badly, and it's nothing to aspire to. Instead, you should try to learn to build space well! One piece of semi-serious advice that I can offer for a fledgling spacer is to attempt variations on (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>