 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1601 – 1620 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Truth and consequences?

(...) I am waiting as well. It seems like everything else during the Dubya time in office--hide anything and everything that might have the whiff of wrongness about it. If this happened on Bubba's watch, he and his administration would have been (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Changing the subject... :-)

Well, um... thanks for clearing that up! (...) Apropos of nothing in particular I would like to point out that as a child I had to sing both lyrical versions of this song at various points in my elementary school career (1), and therefore I remember (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Poor Target....

(...) You waltzed in and returned two LEGO sets that were bought AT ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT. They took you on good faith that you had bought them there, Walmart inventory, though it looks identical, is different. (See Next Argument) Either way, you (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Standardized tests (was: Yummy!)

Sorry for the length of this folks, I so rarely get to use my Masters of Education ;-) (...) I think that whether one agrees or disagrees depends largely on what they think they are agreeing to. That page says a fair many things that are correct as (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  It's a sad day

So I was coming here to see if people were talking about the war and the first thing I noticed was this : I win this weeks Lego cool site of the week. *sigh* yipiii... :-( Don't get me wrong. It's an honour that I'm very happy about. I've worked (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Bush fires Guantanamo defence team

(...) Thank you. If for no other reason than its old news, ploughed ground, and things of this nature. (...) I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a lot of irregularities around the country, but Florida just happened to receive the spotlight. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37CC3897.1147B7...ger.net... (...) People can disagree on the details and still be one true faith, unless you define one true faith as 100% the same across the board, which doesn't happen (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  guns vs. household cleaners vs. gamers (was Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?)

(...) firearms. (...) I do know of a young woman filling an electric Uzi-style squirtgun with bleach and using to deface people. But I agree that it's pretty rare. But, people lobbying/arguing/whining against guns invariably say that it's for the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Ahh infinity, how I love ye! Was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I'd rephrase again--the path is theoretically infinite, for if you set up this exact scenario using real life lasers, ball-bearings nad spinning tools, within a set amount of time something will break down--or the path of the laser, over time, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???

(...) Gonzo suffers from the delusion that the Prez is his client, when in fact he should be serving the interests of the citizenry. Instead of a champion of law, the Attorney General is acting as the primary enabler of and passionate advocate for (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks

(...) because (...) I think it amounts to the same thing. I guess I'd prefer clinical detachment when discussing these issues. (...) Well, I don't think there's anything exactly wrong with that, as is. If the commoners are going to shield the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Pelton wheels, photovoltaics, hydro, biomas and marine current [not the "war"]

(...) Not in Scotland; here photovoltaics & wind power are predictably unpredictable. We are taking a centralised broad-spectrum approach to renewables: hydro, biomas, wind and marine current power. Right now about 10% of our power needs come from (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Personality test vs. Religion

(...) Awesome. The only question that remains is "how much of a 'great deal' of accuracy is needed?", and to show whether or not M/B does or doesn't follow. (...) I think we've agreed on that from the start-- I would argue that while SOME job (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: LP POINT 1

The usual massive and capricious snippage. (...) I'm not sure I'd agree that the degree of change (since the enlightenment, or more specifically, in the last 20 years) is that small. Certainly it's not as large as I'd wish it but it's a lot more (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Gay Marriage

(...) Practical and other utilitarian arguments aside, let's just say they go against my religious belief system. (...) Life is hard; it's no excuse. I'd say you may be correct and that that realization is irresponsible. (...) Unfortunately, that is (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) well, i didn't do the math but some other researchers have: (URL) maximum sea-level rise from the complete melting of these bodies of ice would be about 264 feet- that's about flooding times 13 by your definition above. There has be a lot of (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup

(...) I'm not sad because of the defeat, I'm upset because we played below our level AGAIN (that makes it the third time in the last 6 games, the worst of which was against Finland). It's really frustrating to know they could have done better, like (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks

The real worry at the moment is that no-brain greedy Texan clown that happens to run the show in Washington. For some strange reason american presidents feel they're president of the world. If George Dubya decides Ariel Sharon is the goody and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Help me with the math

Now that (URL) George W. Bush has killed> his 1,000th US citizen in Iraq, does that make him approximately 33% as bad as Osama bin Laden, who killed about 3,000 people in the WTC? Oh, wait--Bush has killed thousands more than that, when you factor (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  The Lancet... Ra-Ra-Ra

The Lancet (a peer reviewed medical journal of high standing) has published a very interesting paper. It appears to be available (URL) free> if one registers, but synopses are available elsewhere ((URL) CNN>, (URL) The Guardian> or (URL) The (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>